Thursday 21 January 2010

A Foggy Day on Mondas

Down in the Park

We've had a lot of fog where I live over the last few weeks (along with quite a bit of snow) so I decided to head out to try and take some pictures.
I had an idea for a shot in my head so I packed a camera, my 35mm f2 lense, a flash and a toy Cyberman. The picture was taken in Peoples Park in Town, lit with a bare Speedlight handheld camera left. To get the background to be recognisable I had to stop down to f8, so the shutter speed was a slow 1/10th of a second, which is why the Cyberman has a little bit of a "ghosting" affect.
I used Live View to compose the shot as I couldn't get low enough to use the viewfinder. Overall I'm quite pleased with it, and I'm going to try some similar ideas soon.

And yes I know it isn't a Mondasian cyberman :)

No comments: