Saturday 21 January 2012

First Shoot of the Year (Part Two)


This is a shot that initially on the camera LCD didn't look to good, with the histogram pushed all the way over to the right and a lot of the frame over-exposed. But, as I were shooting in RAW, I knew I had al least a chance of getting something good with a little bit of fiddling in Aperture. So with a bit of recovery, a mono conversion and a quick contrast boost, Voila!


Now this is what I call a "Lou O'Bedlam"shot. Natural light, open shade, prime lens wide open. This was shot in the shade of the huge Xmas tree.


This was shot in direct bright sunlight, with a truck trailer as a background. Once again i had the flash in my left hand right at the limit ( high speed sync at 1/8000 of a second!) filling in the shadows and providing a catch-light in Helen's eyes..

Right, that's Part Two sorted, see you soon for Part Three.

No comments: